We teamed up with the James Beard-nominated cookbook author, writer, and photographer, Nik Sharma, to create a curated home cooking experience inspired by his latest bestselling cookbook, The Flavor Equation: The Science of Great Cooking Explained + More Than 100 Essential Recipes. The Flavor Equation has been named A Best Cookbook of 2020 by The New York Times, The Washington Post, The L.A. Times, J.P. Morgan, The Smithsonian, Martha Stewart, Forbes, CNN, and many more.
According to Nik, we rely on senses and feelings for both the creation and enjoyment of food: sight, sound, mouthfeel, aroma, taste – with emotion and memories heightening each sensation. Together, we’ve put together a package that brings together each of these elements for a memorable and delicious Valentine’s Day dinner. The package comes with personalized touches from Sharma for a fool-proof dinner plan and two of our best selling linen aprons as keepsakes to complete the cooking experience!
- Sight | Two BlueCut aprons: Grey Lucca & Crimson Lucca linen line aprons featuring antique brass hardware, handcrafted in California
- Mouthfeel | Autographed copy of The Flavor Equation and with a meal plan incorporating a recipe from each of the seven flavor notes categorized in the cookbook: Brightness, Saltiness, Fieriness, Savoriness, Sweetness, and Bitterness
- Taste | Wine pairings for each course
- Aroma | Extract recipe for a natural aromatherapy
- Sound | Custom Spotify playlist to enjoy while cooking and savoring the meal
*Only the first 25 packages will include an autographed copy of The Flavor Equation
Nik Sharma is the writer, photographer, and recipe developer behind A Brown Table, an award-winning blog that has garnered best-ofs from Saveur, Parade, Better Homes & Gardens, and the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Nik lives in Los Angeles, California. Also available from Chronicle Books: Season: Big Flavors, Beautiful Food Season was named one of the best cookbooks of the year by the New York Times, NPR, the Guardian, and Bon Appétit, was selected as an Amazon Book of the Month, and was a finalist for the 2018 James Beard Award.